background

countdown


Make your own Countdown Clocks

Monday, January 26, 2009

Introducing Katrina...











Hi Ladies!! I am so excited about this relay. I hate to hear that Amy was injured but I am glad I was asked to replace her. Some of you know me, but for those who don't...here are some pics from the half I did. At the end of 2007 I made a committment to myself to run the PF Chang's Rock N Roll Half Marathon in Jan of 09 here in Phx. I thought it would be fun and a new challenge for myself, not realizing how addicting running is!! I didn't get serious about it until 8 months ago. I am not a mom who needed therapy, but somebody who went through divorce. Running definately kept my sanity through the whole ordeal and I have become a life long runner now! Good things can come from trials in your life! I am a true beleiver in that.

I am not a fast runner...yet! Kim and Em stomped my time in the half, so I don't feel so proud now! haha I haven't been putting in as much miles a week as it seems everybody else has. I only ran 3 miles last week after the half. My calves were still a little sore, so I decided I had better give them more time to recoup. I am back at it this week though and I will try to get my mileage up with you crazy girls. I am nervous about the elevation change for me. There aren't any hills around me so if I want to run hills, I have to go to the gym and run on the treadmill and we all know how exciting that can be! Needless to say, I haven't done much of that! :) Keep up the blogging, you motivate me and inspire me! You ladies are amazing and I hope I am as good as you are one day!! :) Happy Runnin...





4 comments:

Deni said...

Welcome Katrina. I don't put the mileage in that everyone else does either. Matter of fact, I haven't been able to put ANY mileage in lately. I am also worried that I won't be as fast as everyone else, but I am committed to run the race anyway.

-Deni

Marinda said...

Katrina looking good. I am so glad you are doing this with us. Can't wait.

chris and kim said...

Welcome Katrina and I don't care what time you get for the half I think its just amazing to say we've done one so Good Job! After my first half I was sore in my calves also but I wonder how much of mine was anxiety induced because I was so nervous! But we did it!

Sarah said...

Great to see you on here! I am so excited to have you on the team, and in our van. We are going to have sooooo much fun! Thanks for saying Yes! And thanks for sending the money so quickly. I really appreciate it.