background

countdown


Make your own Countdown Clocks

Monday, November 23, 2009

Grand Canyon

Hi Ya All!

I just had to share a few pictures and to tell you about my latest adventure with Sarah and my brother in law, Mike.

We hiked the Grand Canyon; Rim 2 Rim 2 Rim, 46 miles of pure beauty. The odds were stacked against us and we did it anyway. When I say odds, let me explain. First off, Mike sends me an email from the Grand Canyon that says NOT to attempt going down and up in one day. We are not only going down and up in one day, we are going down the south side, up the north side, back down the north side and back up the south side. Secondly, on one of our "practice hikes" Mike tells me that he has always had the impression that he was going to die young; my friend calls me and tells me that she just doesn't have a good feeling about me going and then Sarah has to tell me that she got voted "Most likely to die in the Wilderness" at girls camp!!! You would think this would be enough to stop any normal person. But we all know that Sarah isn't normal (ha ha) Thirdly; Mike had to bring up the fact that we were hiking on Friday the 13th. Fourthly; Sarah emails me and said she just might be starting her "monthly" I got to calculating and discovered that I would be too! (Poor Mike). Lastly; the weather report! Everyday was beautiful weather except for... you guessed it... the day we were to hike. The high's were to be around 30 and the lows in the teens. Everything considering, we did it and it was so fun! I couldn't have done it without Sarah, what a neat and wonderful gal! I can't tell you how much I love ya and how glad I am that you are as insane as me. Besides, If I had to hike alone with "Grumpy pants" I would have pushed him off the cliff. (you would have thought he was on his monthly)



2 comments:

chris and kim said...

You girls Rock! What the heck why in the hell are you two not doing a marathon! You guys are soo cool I wish I could of been there with you Good Job!

Zhalore said...

Yeah, you girls pretty much rock! I'm with Kim, if you can do that, you can do a marathon. I'm so proud of both of you! You 2 are CRAZY but I think your fresh! :) Can't wait to see you in February.