background

countdown


Make your own Countdown Clocks

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Training? :)

So I would love to know what all of you are doing to train for the ultra. I have to admit that it scares me a little but that I love a challenge! I am currently running 40-50 miles a week and plan to do 3 runs within a 30 hour period starting the beginning of February. I hope to do this once a week until the race. So 3 times. I really want to throw in some yoga, do you have any suggestions for some good yoga DVD's? I am trying my best to stay injury free while still getting my mileage up. I would love to hear any of your ideas!!!
So excited :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Steph you sound like you'll be fine. You are putting in way more miles a week than I am. i have been doing Jillian Michaels Yoga DVD. I really like it. I am doing a 3 time run this weekend 8miles Fri. am, 10 miles Fri. pm and 8 miles Sat. am. We'll see how it goes. Can't wait to see ya!

lori said...

Uh Steph, you're so going to nail it! I've been running 3 HARD days a week with 2 days of HARD cross training. I have to admitt I was worried that I wasn't putting in enough miles but I am so far... injury free and hoping to keep it that way. I hope only running 3 days a week will work out, we'll see. I also am planning on doing the 3 times in 30 hours training. See you soon!!!!